- Born 1988 in Greenville, South Carolina, USA
- Based in New York, USA
Visually representing musical plurality is an on-going approach that Amanda Martinez takes in her sculpture. Sculpture hand-carved from styrofoam, and coated in latex or enamel, reminds one of digital special effects. Her carvings start with a point of focus from which an identical motif fans outward, but are not systematically designed ahead of time. The artist herself tries as much as possible to use old technologies, simple science, and nature. From her specialist musical education, Martinez is interested in expressing music in an abstract form, deeply rooted in academic theory. She considers a physical and poetic relationship to the materials as an important part of her creative process.
- New Wave (solo), VICTORI + MO, New York, USA
- This Body, VICTORI + MO at Garis & Hahn, Los Angeles, USA
- Surface Tension, E.TAY Gallery, New York, USA
- NADA (New Art Dealer Alliance), yours mine & ours gallery, New York, USA
- Transforming Milk into Milk, Redline Contemporary Art Center, Denver, USA