- British, born 1968
- Based in Berlin, Germany
Conceptual artist Ceal Floyer works in video and installation to perform deft maneuvers in everyday situations, testing the slippage between function and implication, the literal and the imagined. In Light (1994), for example, four slide projectors are used to create the impression that an unconnected bulb is lit; in Fallen Star (2018), a slide projector placed in the middle of the gallery projects a single star onto the ceiling, where a mirror sends it falling back onto the floor. Floyer’s poetic, concise, and elegant presentation of her ideas is accompanied by a unique humor. Delighted, viewers are nudged to double take and recalibrate their perception of the world.
- Ceal Floyer (solo), façade of Neuer Berliner Kunstverein, Berlin, Germany
- Ceal Floyer (solo), Lisson Gallery, London, UK
- Ceal Floyer (solo), Esther Schipper, Berlin, Germany
- Ceal Floyer (solo), Aspen Art Museum, Aspen, CO, USA
- On Occasion (solo), Aargauer Kunsthaus, Aarau, Switzerland