- Born 1983 in Tokyo, Japan
- Based in Tokyo, Japan
Murayama Goro studied painting at Musashino University and at Tokyo University of the Arts, where he became interested in auto-generative methods of producing images, beginning work on maze or mesh-like paintings according to rules he set for himself. Given his strong interest in autopoiesis (a basic theory of biological systems,) as well as in the biological patterns formed in cellular automaton modeling, it is also characteristic for the supporting media for his works, such as the canvas, to appear to structurally grow outward. He has additionally been inspired by the conditions of perception, such that the viewer ends up discovering phantom images like faces in his art—even the works created autonomously, or systemically in accordance with rules—and is developing pieces that make use of camera facial recognition functions.
- 21st DOMANI: The Art of Tomorrow, The National Art Center, Tokyo, Japan
- Emergence of Order (solo), Daiwa Foundation Japan House, London, UK
- Fantasy in prison (solo), Koganei Art Spot Chateau 2F, Tokyo, Japan
- shiseido art egg 4, Goro Murayama Exhibition: The re-enchantment of painting system (solo), Shiseido Gallery, Tokyo, Japan