- Established 2007 in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Studio Drift is an artist collective established in 2007 by Lonneke Gordijn (1980) and Ralph Nauta (1978). Gaining knowledge from nature and using contemporary technology, Ralph and Lonneke together with their team develop experiences and performances that unite people on an emotional level with themselves, their environment and other people. The team consists of artists, designers, architects, engineers and programmers. Studio Drift works across a range of media, navigating the boundaries of art, technology and mankind.
In recent years, their cross-disciplinary practice has moved towards large-scale installations that translate complex natural processes into performative environments such as Franchise Freedom, their flying sculpture with hundreds of drones. They are well known for their attempts to poetically articulate data extracted from natural phenomena, such as the flight patterns of birds or the structure of flowers blooming.
- Studio Drift: Elemental (solo), Amos Rex, Helsinki, Finland
- Studio Drift: Meadow (solo), Newfields, Indianapolis, USA
- Studio Drift: Coded Nature (solo), Stedelijk Museum, Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Franchise Freedom, Art Basel | Miami, Miami, USA
- The Armory Show, PACE gallery, New York, USA