- Born 1975 in New York, USA
- Based in New York, USA
Taryn Simon directs our attention to familiar systems of organization—bloodlines, criminal investigations, mourning, flower arrangements—making visible the contours of power and authority hidden within. A multidisciplinary artist who has worked in photography, text, film, sculpture, and performance, Simon reveals the imperceptible space between language and the visual world—a space in which multiple truths and fantasies are manufactured, and where translation and disorientation occur. The technical, physical, and aesthetic realization of her projects reflects the control and authority that are the very subject of her work.
- Taryn Simon: A Cold Hole + Assembled Audience (solo), MASS MoCA, North Adams, USA
- Taryn Simon: An Occupation of Loss (solo), Artangel, London, UK
- Taryn Simon: Shouting Is Under Calling (solo), Kunstmuseum Luzern, Luzern, Switzerland
- Taryn Simon: An American Index of the Hidden and Unfamiliar (solo), Louisiana Museum of Modern Art, Humlebaek, Denmark
- 56th Venice Biennial, All the World’s Futures, Venice, Italy