- Born 1977 in Aichi, Japan
- Based in Aichi, Japan
Washio Tomoyuki, who is self-taught, creates a diverse body of work which spans multiple media and genres: illustration, graphic design, animation, photography, murals exhibited both indoors and out, as well as sculpture and fashion featuring Tekun, a character of his own making. He is well versed in music and street culture, and playfully depicts a world that extends out of the everyday. His recent activities include the self-initiated project Invader Ladutorm, which brings together artists from different disciplines. For Aichi Triennale 2019, Washio will create a large-scale mural based on the festival’s theme “Taming Y/Our Passion” on the stage for the music program, which will be held in the Shikemichi/Endoji area.
- TEKUN WAS HERE (solo), THE LITTLE HUT, Taipei, Taiwan
- Tomoyuki Washio’s WILD THINGS (solo), Art Lab Aichi, Aichi, Japan
- ACG Exhibition: Art Court Frontier 2016 #14, ARTCOURT Gallery, Osaka, Japan
- Very Addictive Re-Extension of Aesthetics in Daily Life, MOCA Yinchuan, Yinchuan, China
- Awazu Kiyoshi: Makurihirogeru（EXPOSE）1 Art Running Wild: AWAZU Kiyoshi and Performance, 21st Century Museum of Contemporary Art, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan