- Born 1965 in Taipei, Taiwan
- Based in Taipei, Taiwan
At the cutting edge of video installation in Taiwan, Yuan Goang-Ming uses drones and equipment of his own making to create video pieces in which questions concerning reality hide within daydream-like beauty. Everyday Maneuver, footage of an empty city with wailing sirens captured by drone, seems to the audience both extraordinary and also somehow real. It makes perfect sense once you learn that this is the actual state of the city during military exercises held in Taiwan. His videos bring us through time and space, challenging our physical senses and revealing political questions and uncertainties that lurk in the world like fissures.
- Memories through Cycle-Images by RongRong & Inri & Yuan Goang-ming, Contemporary Art Center, Art Tower Mito, Ibaraki, Japan
- La 13e Biennale de Lyon, La vie moderne (Modern Life), Lyon, France
- 50th Venice Biennial, Taiwan Pavilion, Venice, Italy
- 4th Gwangju Biennale, PAUSE, Gwangju, South Korea